Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chessy Vegetable Chowder

I have felt a little cold the last little bit, and so that always puts me in the mood for some good soups. I have found some great recipes on Pinterest that I have been trying, so of course I have to share.

Here is how I did it:
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped carrot
1 stalk celery, finely chopped (love the celery)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
4 cups chicken broth
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup milk (I used half and half)
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 heaping cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used Colby Jack)

Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute over medium heat until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 or 2 additional minutes. Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender. Mix flour with water, add, and simmer until soup is slightly thickened. Add milk and broccoli and cook until broccoli is just tender and soup is heated through. Stir in cheese, allow to melt, and serve.


**pic and recipe courtesy of Lulu the Baker


No comments:

Post a Comment